Thursday, June 7, 2012

Smudge Marks

I was checking on my blog stats this morning and found someone had actually found my blog by Googling "smudge marks"! Of all things, it was "smudge marks"? Really?!  How interesting!
Here they are!

They were left behind one afternoon of finger (and toe) painting with my little girls.

It got me thinking about how it's those little smudge marks in our life that often build and yet also reveal our character. We are all covered in the "smudge marks" of life.
It is these marks that make us who we are after all.


We are all different and fashioned for a purpose. But should I then say to God, "I am not worthy to be called to this tremendous task of homeschooling these six children!! Someone ought to do a better job than me?"
But I am really only clay in the Potter's hands.



"You turn things upside down,
    as if the potter were thought to be like the clay! 
Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it,
    “You did not make me”?
Can the pot say to the potter, 
    “You know nothing”?
Isaiah 29:16 NIV


Father, help me to remember that You are doing a good work in us. Even through the smudge marks of life you are shaping us into the people you are designing us to be! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment