Friday, September 12, 2014

Essential Oils? How Is That Going To Help Me?


What is the deal with essential oils? 

"Few people in mainstream medicine will want me to share this post with you. First, they’ll say it’s because they have an aversion to all things quackery. Then, they’ll have a change of heart and try to classify essential oils as “medicine,” of which nobody else can give advice on because these oils are used to “prevent or treat disease” – along with carrots, garlic, herbal tea, and wheat grass.

Then, they’ll make an exception for reading package inserts and make up one on the spot to warn you about the potential atrocity that could result from you using something natural that has little to no side effects and is responsible for zero hospitalizations and deaths each year. While they’re busy scaring your socks off, they’ll forget to tell you they’ve had no training on essential oils and have no clue what they’re talking about.
No worries. I’m not going to diagnose you with a disease today, nor am I going to treat you. I’m not going to try to sell you essential oils either. I’m just going to sell you on them because really, life just seems incomplete without a good essential oil in your back pocket.

I know what you’re thinking…what are my qualifications for speaking on this “trend?” No worries guys. My quack degree in quack medicine taught me everything I needed to know, and what I didn’t pick up in one quack school I picked up at another, and what I didn’t pick up there, I picked up from Google University. Rest assured, you are in good hands.

Pleasantries aside. Let’s talk.

Essential oils are not a trend. They’re not voodoo, woo woo, or foo foo. They’ve been around a long time, are mentioned over 188 times in the Bible, were referenced in Chinese manuscripts and the Dead Sea Scrolls, and were even used during the time of the ancient Egyptians as medicine. People survived the bubonic plague thanks to this stuff. No joke.

An essential oil is a volatile liquid carefully extracted from a plant that’s used medicinally for all sorts of health imbalances. Once carefully extracted these oils can be used for inhalation, ingestion, absorption, and are used for all sorts of household and personal products like laundry detergent, shampoo, toothpaste, and lotion. It’s the chemical properties in these oils that provide the benefit and once applied to the skin these benefits hit the blood stream within three seconds.

Essential oils are amazing. They’re powerful, and they’re safe when used appropriately. You shouldn’t take my word for it though." Read the rest here.  www.livingwhole.org





Help nurture your family today! Ask me how to get these oils!

Join the essential oil discussion! Sing Over Me Essential Oils








No comments:

Post a Comment